The following case studies are based on real stories from patients, carers and service users. They pick up some of the common themes that occur in the feedback, comments and complaints regularly received by health and social care organisations across the city and county.
Each story is followed by examples of how we are tackling some of these issues through new ways of delivering health and care and improving the efficiency, quality and experience of care through joined-up working and the integration of professionals and teams.
The Mid-Nottinghamshire and Greater Nottinghamshire transformation programmes will continue to build on this innovation and best practice, ensuring that new initiatives are evaluated for their positive impact and, where successful, are rolled out across a wider area. This will improve consistency of care and service delivery for patients and service-users across the whole of the STP area and ensure efficiency and value for money in the planning and commissioning of health and care services.
- Rob’s story - Integrating health and social care
- Vera’s story - Enhanced support to care homes
- Richard’s story - Moving services closer to home
- Mabel’s story - Right care, right place, right time
- Supporting our workforce in new ways of working [PDF]
- Helping hospitals to work across different sites and in the community [PDF]
- Improving housing and the environment [PDF]
- Making it simpler to access urgency and emergency care [PDF]
- Pioneering home alteration project between NHS and Council helps get people home from hospital sooner [PDF]